Glow and Show
Along with the well known and well-established Hand Inspection cabinet which is used to train staff the best hand washing technique, by the visual aid of UV light, Daro UV Systems can now offer the glow and show kit.
The Glow and show kit is predominately designed and aimed at teaching people how contaminants and infections are spread through not washing your hand correctly. Basically showing cross contamination. See below for a more detailed description of how to use these kits.
The main kit consists of:
- 1 x Handheld UV light source
- 1 x Goggles & Case*
- 1 x Powder 2oz
- 1 x Applicator bush
- 1 x Wet wipes
- 1 x Batteries = 2 x pack of 4
- 1 x Lotion 50ml
- 1 x Instructions
- 1 x Carry Bag
Handheld UV light source
The handheld UV light source consists of an array with 41 high output UV LED’s. Unlike other handheld UV light sources, it can be used in ambient light, metres away from the subject matter you are illuminating
How to use the Powder, lotion, applicator brush & wet wipes
- The powder can be dusted on a sheet of paper and handed around the room. A check with the UV handheld light source and you will be able to demonstrate how easily powder (simulated germs) can be spread from person to person.
- The powder can also be spread or dusted on to a persons hand, they can then touch other parts of a room (door handles etc) and the trainer can show up how easily cross contamination is spread.
- Similarly, you could dust it on to a work surface and ask someone to clean it with the convenient wet wipes supplied in this kit. Again the UV light will show up any areas that have been missed.
- You could also use the lotion in this way to highlight cross contamination.
- When the training is finished the wipes can then be used to wipe any remaining residue from the lotion or powder from the surfaces.
All of the products above come in an ergonomically designed convenient carry case (pictured above) so that demonstrations can easily be carried out wherever there is a need.
*it is advised that the demonstrator wears goggles when using the Handheld UV light source. Do not stare directly in to the UV light source.
About Daro UV Systems
British designer and manufacturer Daro UV Systems has been delivering ultraviolet (UV) disinfection systems in the UK for over 40 years.